According to many experts, turmeric is one of the most efficient supplements in the world. The active ingredient in this spice known as curcumin has strong anti-inflammatory properties and has been directly linked to prevention of gastric, breast, skin and colon cancer.
This is a short list of some other health benefits of turmeric that were confirmed by numerous scientific studies and research:
- Curcumin triggers many improvements that should reduce the chances of experiencing heart disease
- Curcumin improves the neurotrophic factor associated with our brain responsible for boosting brain work and reducing chances of developing brain diseases
- Scientific studies have confirmed that curcumin does wonders in cases of depression
- Curcumin is a very powerful anti-inflammatory agent that can help people suffering from arthritis
- Curcumin can also slow down the natural process of aging and combat diseases and disorders associated with aging
- It is good to point out that it takes a lot of effort for curcumin to be processed and absorbed. That’s why it is crucial to find a suitable way to incorporate turmeric in your daily diet and experience all the benefits it brings.
A study revealed not while ago in the reputable International Journal of Food Science and Technology has shown that bioavailability of this spice was significantly increased in lab rats when turmeric was fermented.
If you want to get the most from turmeric, we will now present a special recipe that will help you ferment turmeric. This recipe will soothe pain, boost digestion and lower inflammation.
Turmeric-Based Lime Soda
- ¾ cup of organic honey
- One cup of unpeeled sliced turmeric
- Six cups of water
- Two organic limes or lemons
Put the turmeric into boiling water and leave it boil for about twenty minutes (till the water become yellowish).
Lower the heat and let the mixture simmer for additional twenty minutes. After that, remove the mixture from heat and leave it like that until it gets cool. Next, add the honey, lemon juice and zest and put the mixture in a stone jar.
Seal it well and put it in a location where the sun won’t reach the jar directly for three days in normal to warm temperature. In case you are making this remedy in winter, leave it for 5 days.
Stir it every day for 2-3 times. Strain the liquid in bottles and wait until it carbonates for three days. After that, put the mixture in the fridge. In the end, you will get a mixture that tastes like vinegar.
This mixture will start the fermentation process slowly. If you want to drink it, stir it well before use.
The tasty, anti-cancer drink is prepared! Enjoy it and feel all the health benefits that these simple ingredients bring.